06 June 2008

I got a motive


Dear Copycat, thanks for your message. It really makes me think what's the motive of this blog. You're right in a way when you said I'm selling myself. True. I am. I'm selling myself to let people understand me better, and it has also becomes the mode of communication with my friends whom I have not met for some time.

Many people, besides artistes, blog. What's their motive then? To share their lives. Interesting or not, bloggers just want people to know how they feel deep down in their hearts.

But somehow, we can't really do that. Glamourous celebrities may seem, there are many things that we wish to share but we can't. I'm not saying that my blog does not reflect how I actually feel. It does. I blog whatever is true but keep things that don't seem too yummy to myself. You can't possibly expect me to bitch about someone or something in a blog which everyone can have access to. In the first place, it's unethical to bitch. You can do it close door with your best friend or teddy bear. Just not in a blog.

Alright. Back to the motive of Block-to-Blog. Browsing through all my posts, I didn't really sell myself much. Selling is when someone keeps singing praises for himself/ herself. Ha! It looks like I've been degrading myself more than selling. And most of my past posts are about my life. Hmmm... Is my blog similar to that of Felicia Chin? I thought there's a difference. I don't know. I blog according to my emotions. I just want my friends to know what kind of life I'm leading because hectic schedules hinder us from meeting up. And to people who have just gotten to know me, I want them to step into my life so the distance between us won't be that far. Yup. That's my motive. :)

Honesty and sincerity are two key principles in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya Hui said: "Many people, besides artistes, blog. What's their motive then? To share their lives. Interesting or not, bloggers just want people to know how they feel deep down in their hearts."

My comment: "Ya Hui, you've succeeded. I'm certainly now 'hooked' onto your blog. Stay positive and always remember that for every 1 outspoken critic out there, there's always another 2 silent supporters. Cheers!"