16 April 2010

Appreciate with many thanks

I was in a rush to go for fitting in MCS just now. When I boarded the bus, I realised that my wallet was with my friend! Hoping that the bus driver won't shout at me, I explained politely that i accidentally left my wallet with my friend. He smiled and signalled me to sit down.
Suddenly, the thought of no cash for the next bus ride jerked me! The images of a fierce bus driver raising his voice and chasing me down the bus scared me out of my wits. So, after struggling for 5 minutes, I decided to borrow $1 from the bus driver (i'm intending to return me the money). To my surprise, he took out $2 from his wallet and passed it to me. I asked for his name but he graciously replied, "No worries. Don't have to return him the money as it's not a lot." Feeling embarrassed, I hurriedly grabbed for the seat directly behind the driver without looking at other passengers cos it's kinda weird to see bus driver giving money to a passenger right? I know that I don't have to bother about what others think but it's still weird and humans are very imaginative.
Along the way, the bus driver asked, "Miss, is $2 too little? Why not you take $10?" With a tomato face, I thankfully said it's sufficient. He continued, "Are you sure? You don't have to eat and take bus back home?" Gosh. It's really kind of him. I've not met with such a kind-hearted man before. I mean he can be so nice to a stranger. What if I'm out to con his money?

This taught me a lesson - Within our ability, help those in need.

He don't have to bother about me and he has the rights to think that I'm a swindler. But his gestures have brought in the care and concern we should have for one another. I'm touched. The warmth will remain in my heart and yes, I've gotten his name at last - Mr Kau Kim Huat.

Thank you! :)

22 comments:

ben said...

hmmm one of the few good hao xin ren in singapore.. when one person does something kind to another, i believe he or she will continue the trend and pass on the kindness.. so hopefully everyone in singapore shall pass kindness on~ =]

AL said...

yeah.. wahaha YH YH YH... u r so lucky to meet such a kind-hearted driver... :) indeed 温情满人间 lah!!!

heh but $1 is enough for u to return home le?? hmmm actually if u r afraid tt driver might nt let u board e bus den u can take cab instead loh.. at least cab fare u can ask ur family member come down when u reach ur hse downstair!!!!

heh nevertheless... let's spreed luv & kindness ard & let 这世界更美好!!!

ha cya on sun... :o) luv & miss u...

Ezekiel Wee said...

hope you got back your wallet.. :)

Singapore Shares Lor said...

I think he is your fan lar... haha

Ashley said...

It's heart-warming to know that such kind soul exists at times like this.

It definitely feels good when we know we can be of help. It just brightens up one's day.

Mavis said...

great great. I'm glad there's still such humans in singapore. :D

anyway, did you acted in 红白喜事?haha :D

Gwen said...

Hehe Lucky Girl! You don't meet a bus driver like that everyday :D. I was in a bus once Got this boy got no money to pay for transport then the driver don't want to start moving the bus keep saying the boy is swindler cause a lot of times already. End up everyone still want to pay for him.Hello, we all got places to go you know... Then the stupid fellow don't want to accept. In the end, he accepted their money for the boy's fare cause everyone very fed up with him. I was going back from school. Very tired. Haiz. Got this type of people. Sian..

Shihui said...

Hmm , thats one kind hearted person !
Very lucky ! (:
See you tomorrow ,
which is the 1st day of starawards (:
I'll scream for you too (:
Jiayous <3
LOVESLOVES !

yj said...

awwwwww...so sweet!

JiaXuan said...

Lols. Luckly girl.. U r so lucky. haha

AhhZhen said...

hello senior ! (:
don be so careless next time, you are lucky to have met such a good uncle :D

well i lost my wallet in the bus...with my ezlink and $10 in there. ):

Vivian said...

that bus driver is so kind...
and u r so lucky can meet him...

Anonymous said...

will u give ur fans tixs?

Anonymous said...

kindly refer to Yahui's FB fanpage for the Star Award tics pls...



cheers,
Alice

melissa said...

hey yh~
whoah! the uncle so swt lor..hahahahaa...hope the kindness would be spread around heh!! cya this sun yeahhhh (:

Anonymous said...

what if u are a guy... u see if the driver chase you down or not

Anonymous said...

hey! cool story!

Anonymous said...

cool story bro

Julius said...

Be sure to write compliment letter to SBS for his good deeds! (= Such kind hearted people are few nowadays and should be recognised for their generousity in times like this. (=

Bengkia369 said...

Cool Story Sis

Anonymous said...

wow you're so lucky. all bus drivers hates me :/

Wood Xuan said...

HEHE