30 April 2008

3 Blind Mices

Last Sunday, I went cycling alone from my place to East Coast Park (ECP). I started the journey to the East at 11am. That was the first time I cycled there so I wasn't sure of the directions. When I reached Kallang Stadium, I saw a couple cycling and the first impression they gave me was: We were going to ECP too! Since I didn't know my way there, I decided to follow behind them. We met at the traffic light and the man (Dennis) asked me, "Do you know how to go ECP?" MY GOD! Blind mice following blind mices! Nevermind. I continued to cycle with them because he looked confident enough to find his way. I don't-know-how, he led us to Paya Lebar which didn't seem right as we were at Old Airport Road before that. I always take bus 31 to Parkway Parade so somehow my six sense told me it was completely out of the way! Sigh! I thought to myself: If I had known earlier, I would have stop cars or passer-bys how to go.

Cycling a long way with the couple, I was too shy to tell them, "Let's go on a separate way." So this shy and blind mice continued to follow the blind mices. We braved with thick and thin (smoke from car engines) together. Several car drivers showed their disapproval by honing at us because we crossed the road illegally most of the time. We crossed Amber Road and don't-know-what-road that I'm unfamilar with and FINALLY, we saw Parkway Parade! GOSH~! We passed the underpass and yes, the 3 blind mices had found their desired cheese...


IN THE NUTSHELL: Never give up even if you are lost as every route leads you to new discoveries. You might not be able to enjoy the cheese as fast as those who know the directions well. So what? You still get it at the end of the day and you are a winner because you have found a new way there! :)


Back to my journey to the East. :) Perfect environment, perfect feeling! Buring hot sun, dark blue sea, soft sand, bikini babes, BBQ, chalets, wake-boarding, mummys rollerblading with daugthers, couples intimating and the list goes on... I love the sea, the breeze and the sense of happiness. :) Just loving it!


I saw my secondary school mates, Ming Song and Darren. They are my lucky stars as they gave me the directions home. Just cycle till the end of ECP, i.e, Fort Road and down Mountbatten Road. See, so easy...


But, it was so painful when I reached home at 3pm... :(



My shoulders and face... Blame myself for not applying any sunblock lotion before going out... But, I still enjoy myself and I don't mind to be a blind mice again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

tsk tsk.. so ouch lo.. lol.. burnt till liddat.. wun affect in the clothes u can wear when u act meh?

Yahui said...

hello passage A! Ha! It will... but bo bian... :P

Shihui said...

ohh...darren..LOL..
Few weeks ago..band outing.
I dont know how to cycle so i cycle couple bike with him..
LOL